Diabetic patients, especially those who are obese, eat a lot or have obvious symptoms of type I diabetes, have obvious hunger when they initially control their diet, which is often difficult to persist. These patients must first understand that hunger is a symptom of diabetes, and after treatment, their condition improves, and their hunger will be alleviated; Secondly, we should build confidence in overcoming diseases, realize that food intake is related to habits, and reduce food intake will undoubtedly lead to hunger, but as long as we think of everything for treatment, we will slowly adapt.
To solve the problem of hunger, the specific measures are as follows:
(1) Diet control should be gradual. The food intake should be gradually reduced to the level that should be controlled every day, instead of limiting the original daily staple food amount to 300g at one time, because the staple food amount is limited too fast, which will easily lead to ketoacidosis and is harmful to the body. Patients can reduce the staple food amount by 100 ~ 200g every week, and limit it to 300g every day in about one month.
(2) Eat more foods with low calorie and high volume. Such as vegetables with low carbohydrate content, such as cucumber, Chinese cabbage, bean sprouts, spinach, wax gourd, pumpkin, leek, green pepper, lettuce, eggplant, cauliflower, seaweed, mushrooms and tofu.
(3) Choose coarse grains instead of flour and rice, such as red bean porridge, mung bean porridge, pineapple flour, steamed bread and noodles made of three-way noodles (corn flour, soybean flour and white flour) or two-way noodles (corn flour and soybean flour).
(4) Eat high-fiber foods. High-fiber foods can delay gastric emptying and change intestinal running time. Soluble fiber forms gel in intestine, which slows down sugar absorption. At the same time, it can increase hunger tolerance and prevent complications such as cardiovascular disease, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, constipation, hemorrhoids, hyperlipidemia and intestinal cancer. High-fiber foods include pectin, wheat bran, corn husk, beet chips and sea algae.
(5) Bitter-fed wheat is produced in Liangshan, Sichuan, and contains 19 kinds of amino acids, among which 8 kinds of amino acids necessary for human body are rich, and the contents of vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin E and chlorophyll are unmatched by any other grain. Bitter-fed wheat also contains zinc, magnesium, chromium, selenium and other trace elements necessary for human body, and chromium directly participates in insulin metabolism. Bitter-fed wheat has the functions of lowering blood sugar and blood lipid. For patients with obvious hunger due to diet control at the initial stage of illness, it is unnecessary to worry about hunger all day long.
(6) Others. Before each meal, eat a bowl of vegetables (choose any vegetables containing less than 4% carbohydrate and use less oil) to increase satiety, and then eat dinner. When you feel hungry between meals, you can eat some cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. or use additional meals. Of course, the amount of additional meals is subtracted from the main meal, not the extra amount. You can also make the dishes lighter to reduce appetite. (7) Drugs. If the above methods still can't relieve hunger, you can take Jiangtangling, Trimester, Baitangping, Beixin, etc. to reduce blood sugar and appetite.